This is what boredom has done

Saturday 9 November 2013

Planning a Wedding: The Dress

Ooh exciting stuff (if not the most exciting part of planning), time to try on some dresses! I’m looking forward to having some girly time with my mum and best friend, even if that means I won’t get to drink the complimentary glass of champagne due to being the only driver out of the three of us.

My dream dress is Claire Pettibone ‘Larissa’. Unfortunately, my dress budget is small, so I’ve already accepted the fact that I’ll never wear this dress (even with pre-owned prices). Sigh. My attitude is that I may as well be laid back when searching for my dress, no point in being picky if I can’t have my dream one.

 photo d5a3ee81-6c59-4d13-8ecc-4441ff0e69a6_zpsffc83c7b.jpg photo 30e70cf5-9c78-4eff-862f-219048daebd6_zps8119e1fa.jpg
Larissa by Claire Pettibone

You’d think this means I would see loads of dresses that I like, right? WRONG. I’ve seen a few fashion shows recently at local wedding fairs, and most of the dresses were horrible. This is going to be hard.

I’m going to two shops this weekend knowing that I won’t be able to buy anything. My aim instead is to find out what style actually suits me the most. So in shop #1, I am going to try on as many styles and shapes as possible, even the hideously meringue-ey ones (you never know!).

According to the Perfect Wedding website, the shape I am most like is petite (short waist), so styles that will elongate my body will look good.

Shop #2: Ideally I would have figured out what suits me by now, so I’ll try and narrow the choices down and try on a select few. It’s risky business knowing I can’t buy any yet, but if I do find one I love, I’ll just write it down and look for it on eBay or at sample sales. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheers