This is what boredom has done

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Daily Food Fess: #1

I've decided to write on here daily to help myself keep on track. Even the bad days. The bad days can be a sort of confession time I suppose. Shall I start now? The day started well. I had such a tasty breakfast of 2 scrambled eggs, 1 slice of Hovis Wheatgerm toasted, a tiny amount of dairy free butter, 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of Emmental cheese. This kept me full until 12pm, when I had a clementine. I got annoyed while eating this as it had 12 seeds in total. 12! The whole time I was just trying to spit seeds out of my mouth as daintily as possible (which if you know me, was definitely not dainty at all). Then lunchtime came and it all went downhill from there. A lunch for the meeting hadn't turned up. Jo phoned the supplier and was told an order for us wasn't on the system, so Jo decided to go to Sainsbury's and pick up a load of sandwiches and quiches and cakes and fruit. While she was out, the buffet lunch arrived after all. In their error, they decided to give us the lunch for free. Jo returned with the goodies and I decided to go and eat my soup while they shared it out. There are only 3 tables in the kitchen and guess where the only space left was? The table with the buffet lunch. So I had my soup along with a quarter of smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich. Then a quarter of an egg sandwich. Then the cakes came out. They were mini cakes. I decided to have 1 of each. Then another round. Then about 2 more. So all in all, 10 mini cakes! Oops. I've also already had a couple of biscuits today and have got friends coming over for dinner. I might just cook them dinner and not eat anything (I'm really not hungry). It was a last minute invite anyway. Anyway, the reason I'm telling you all this is because I want you all to learn from my mistakes and lack of self-control. I've felt bloated, sluggish, guilty and tired all afternoon and if I could go back in time, I definitely would have only eaten my soup. So if any of you feel like you're tempted and about to reach for the sweet treats, stop and think first. Can it come out of your weeklies? Will you only have the one, or will the one turn into ten? If so, step away, step away now! Don't undo all of your hard work for one stupid minute of pleasure, even if it does taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheers