This is what boredom has done

Saturday 25 January 2014

Health Kick (up the bum!)

That's it - no more dieting and worrying about every little morsel that goes into my mouth.

After being on Weight Watchers for so long, I am bored. I hate being with my friends and having to refuse a cookie, having to cook every meal so I can monitor how much oil goes into it. Gah! I want to enjoy my food.

I got to goal in March 2011 and managed to maintain my weight apart from one little holiday blip last year. I am only 2.5lbs up from goal, but that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is after my lazy month due to my dad cancelling our joint membership (I'm not bothered, he was wasting money as he was never going), I have stopped doing high impact exercise and all I've done is go for walks. Not so good after Christmas really...

I've gained 3 inches round my waist and hips, my clothes feel tighter, I feel wobbly. It's time to stop growing outwards and get fit and active again.

Stats
Waist: 29 inches
Hips: 36 inches
Arms: 10 inches
Thighs: 20 inches

 photo 39e708c5-24ef-4db1-9f71-c97cb955a0f3_zpsd37e75fc.jpg

Bit self conscious about posting my picture on the internet, but I want to be able to look back and see a difference. I hope it works!

This morning I followed an exercise plan that I printed off- I can't believe how much my legs were shaking with lunges. I used to be good at those! Anyway, it lasted 40 minutes. I'm glad I did it.

WARM UP
8x side steps, 8 heel digs, 8 knee lifts, 8 shoulder rolls, 8 knee bends. Repeat for about 2 minutes.
CARDIO
2 sets of 15 reps for each exercise; rocket jumps, jumping jacks, burpees, squats. I actually did more squats than on the plan as I missed those! Oops, I forgot to do tap backs...oh well!
LEGS BUMS AND TUMS
15 reps, 1-2 sets each; lunges, calf raises, bridges, crunches, oblique crunches, back raises. For my planks and side planks I did 5 seconds on my knees and repeated 10 times - aiming to build them up each time.
ARMS
2x sets of 10 each; Press ups, tricep push ups against the wall, bench dips, tricep kickbacks (bottle of water as a weight).
COOL DOWN Just your standard stretches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheers