This is what boredom has done

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Wed Nes Day

My good mood didn't last for long. I'm having one of those days where everything is just bullshit to me. Can't be bothered! Applied for a job last night, now I realise I want a similar job to the one I had at National School of Government (now closed I think), a few years ago.

It took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get home last night. Next time I am just going to drive down to Brighton instead. I'll get there quicker.

On a brighter note, I made mash potato for the first time in ages last night. I am still the master of mash. That reminds me - I was following a blog through RSS but the latest post has just annoyed me. They were talking about how to be good at thanksgiving, saying things like "Don't roast your veggies in butter" and "Instead of gravy, try homemade pesto."

WHAT.

Just stop right there please. I hate all these things, they make people feel guilty for finally relaxing with friends and family, enjoying that moment and not worrying about tiny, insignificant things. Fair enough if you need to lose weight for health reasons, but loads of things I've been reading recently are going way off track with having a healthy mindset. Everyone forgets that life is short, and one fatty but oh so tasty meal a couple of times a year is not going to kill you. Relax, people. You might end up eating less overall anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheers