This is what boredom has done

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Finally finding exercise that I like

It started off with a zumba class. I loved it, I sweated a lot and it was so much fun. Then I joined the gym so it wasn;t worth paying a fiver 2-3 times a week on top of my gym membership, so I quit. The gym offered Zumba classes but the teacher just wasn't the same.


I did find classes that I liked though - Hips Bums and Tums, Body Pump and eventually, Armageddon (killer!)


Again, I stopped because my dad and I had a joint membership. He never went, so he cancelled. For about 6 months I tried finding DVD's to do at home instead. First off, I tried getting back into Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred again. Very hard and effective workout, but oh my god sometimes I just wish she would stop talking. After a while, I just got frustrated and bored. I still think that's the only routine that's made me swear out loud!

Next, Zumba DVD's. Very fun, and offered a lot of different routines due to their being about 4 DVD's (I'm probably wrong, I'm too tired to go and check). Anyway, I liked doing it but it's just not hard enough. I never sweated like I did in the classes.


I also tried Davina's 30 minute DVD thingy, but that also left me bored. Don't even get me started on the Weight Watchers Move More DVD! It's good that there are lots of options for type of workout and timings, but the instructor was just dull and didn't motivate me at all.


I started reading loads of health blogs and saw Blogilates mentioned. Gave that a go....very good workouts, but I find she talks to you like a child or something. Far too bubbly and excited and high pitched for me. I give her routines a go every now and then, but on mute most of the time (if i've done the video before).


Another blog mentioned Tone It Up, and I have to say those girls are flippin' fantastic! I can't fault them. They're really good at explaining how to do the moves correctly, have so many videos and different routines, give lots of recipes and advice, do weekly schedules for you and provide lots of different exercise series' (Bikini Series is very popular). I recently tried their 5 Day Slim Down and got great results - 2 inches lost from my hips and arms and 1.5 from my waist. I actually look forward to waking up everyday to do my morning "Booty Call" (30 mins exercise, preferbly cardio but anything will do just to wake your body up). That's never happened before. I can see that I'm changing shape and toning a lot already, so am excited to carry on. Give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheers