This is what boredom has done

Friday 21 March 2014

Today is another day

Quick update with the weigh ins - I am now 5lbs over goal. I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit miffed with myself yesterday, but today I browsed through twitter for some inspirational quotes, exercise ideas and recipes, and they put me in a better mood.

I know a lot of people are saying that people shouldn't worry about the number on the scales too much. I've changed my exercise routine but no way is all of that muscle! My jeans feel too tight so I think that's how I'm gonna keep myself in check. I've been taking my measurements for a while anyway, so I'm still keeping up with that too.

I read a couple of great blog posts yesterday by Snack Therapy and Keeping Healthy Getting Stylish. Snack Therapy wrote down what 'healthy' means to her, and Keeping Healthy Getting Stylish (sorry I can't remember their real names!) wrote about relationships with food, and that half of dieting is sorting your head out rather than changing diet and exercise. I think I'm more aware that I eat out of boredom while I'm at work. I don't like my job at all, it's just the money keeping me here, but after I get married I plan to change that.

Ultimate goal: move to Brighton if Jim can get a store transfer. Meet new, cool, interesting people and get a job even if it's a pay cut.

More realistic goal: stay in Bracknell, move to a nicer flat/house and apply to become an RSPCA inspector. Again, that is a paycut but at least it'll make me happy.

So for now, I'll live with what I've got and make the best of things. The sun is shining today, I am wearing my favourite orange dress, and I've heard a lot of songs I love today instead of listening to the news. My kitchen is clean and tidy and I don't have to do anything when I get home this evening except watch some TV and hang out with my best mates. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheers