This is what boredom has done

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Make-up #13

I was originally planning a before and after style type post. Unfortunately, I took the before photo on my other camera and it wont connect to my laptop for some reason, so here is the finished look.

006-1_zps35269b30-1_zpsd20e2ed2

PRODUCTS USED:
003-1_zps8d1d7b83

1: Apply your base as you usually would. I moisturise, use a primer (MAC Prep + Prime) and apply my Gosh X-Ceptional Wear foundation in Porcelain with a Body Shop foundation brush.
2: Fill in your brows to their natural shape. I used the darkest brown shade in my Avon eyeshadow palette and a Crown Brush UK eyebrow brush. I luckily don't have to do much to my eyebrows as they are so dark!
3: Apply an eye primer all over the lid. I used Urban Decay Primer for this look.
4: Using my 17 eyeshadow trio, I applied the lightest shade all over the lid, up to the brow bone. Use a large flat eyeshadow brush. Using a smaller eyeshadow brush, I then applied the golden shade on just the lid, avoiding the innermost corner. The next step was to apply the darkest shade in the socket line using a brush especially for the crease, and on the outer corner. Once this was applied, use what is left of the brush to fill in the lower lid, halfway to the inner corner.
5: To define the eyes even more, I used a flat liner brush (MAC 212) to apply the darkest shade to the outer corners of the eye. I then applied more gold from the centre to the inner corner on the lower lid and then the lightest shade was applied more int he inner corner. Curl lashes and use your favourite mascara (mine is Benefit "They're Real!")
6: To cover my dark circles, I applied Benefit Boi-ing with my finger, patting under the eye until it was all blended. I used a Crown Brush UK concealor brush to cover any blemishes. To set your base, apply powder matching your skin tone with a powder brush and pat on the face to avoid disturbing the make-up
7: Using a blusher brush (again, Crown Brush UK for me!), apply a pinky shade to the apples of your cheeks, blending upwards. I used Bobbi Brown in shade Desert Pink (18)
8: Highlight the tops of your cheekbones, brow bone and cupids bow using your favourite highlighter. I like Benefit High Beam, but I've heard great things about MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl.
9: Almost finished! For the lips, I wanted to keep them quite natural so I just used NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheers