This is what boredom has done

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Damn the dreaded weigh in

Finally got back to Weight Watchers last night. I'm now 4lbs over goal, so I've got to be extra good for a few weeks. I would like to lose 10lbs overall, so if I can do 2lbs a week, I will be done by March. Brill! I just hate dieting ugh. I'll share 2 of my soup recipes with you though:

Tomato & Red Pepper

Ingredients:

1 medium/large red onion
2 garlic cloves, crushed (or a heaped teaspoon of lazy garlic)
1 teaspoon of crushed chilli
Spray oil
3-4 red peppers (use whatever colour you like though)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
500ml veg stock made with cube
Dried mixed herbs
Salt & pepper

Method:

Spray a large saucepan with the oil, fry the onions, garlic and chilli for about 5 minutes.
Add the peppers, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
Leave to cool, blend and add however much mixed herbs you like, salt & pepper. Enjoy!

I once tried roasting the peppers until I could peel the skin, this made a really lovely strong flavour.

Butternut Squash & Carrot

Ingredients:

1 medium/large onion
2 garlic cloves, crushed (or a heaped teaspoon of lazy garlic)
1 teaspoon of crushed chilli
Spray oil
1 butternut squash
2 carrots
850ml veg stock made with cube
Dried mixed herbs
Salt & pepper

Method:

Cut the butternut squash in half lengthways, scoop out the seeds and roast in the oven at 200 degrees or equivalent for 30-40 mins with a little spray oil.
Chop the onion and carrot fry with the garlic and chilli.
Scoop out the butternut squash from the skin, add to the pan with the stock. Simmer for 30 - 40 minutes.
Leave to cool, blend and add however much mixed herbs you like, salt & pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheers